Monday, August 29, 2011

Dear BB,

We hardly knew one another, but I know this much: I owe you my eternal gratitude. Thank you for being a part of my life, even if it was for such a short amount of time. Those short few days were some of the happiest of my life. You've made me a better person. You've given me something that 28 years and the best advice that money can't by could never achieve: you have put me in touch with my humanity. When you left us, I thought my world was crumbling to dust. But in the ruins stood everyone I love the most, everyone who was more than willing to pick up the pieces and walk this journey with me, even if only for a moment. You've shown me the love that so many have for us, and for that I offer only my humble gratitude.

Whenever I close my eyes I will remember you. You will never be forgotten. Your life is forever marked on our hearts, and I thank you for that blessing, even if it was so fleeting.

I love you. Goodbye.

No comments: