Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Slowly completing the transformation into a fucktard

Chanel 5018's

Yes, I know. I'm a tardling. I have fallen hard, and it's for a pair of sunglasses. That retail for $450. And have completely sold out of all Chanel boutiques the world over. And are only found on Ebay, for $1100+.

And that Mary-Kate and Nicole Richie wear.

Blech!

But I can't help it! I've totally fallen for their ridiculous shape, their abstract styling, and their completely over-the-top fabulosity (I cringe to use a line coined by none other than the sow Kimora Lee Simmons, but really, how else can I describe these beauties?)! The wiggly arms are adorable, and that half-tint thing, while distracting and almost Harry-Potter-ish, just does something to me. I can't explain it.

I need these in my life.

I cannot wait until they finally make a high-quality replica that I can snap up for beans.

4 comments:

The Itinerant Gentleman said...

That's awesome. Can't wait for you and I to be seen out in public together with you wearing a cross between a pair of coke lens NHS glasses and something off the set of HR Puf n Stuf. Maybe I'll die my hair white and start wearing driving gloves in all occasions. Fucktard indeed!

Chick Young said...

I second Pubs' motion. Who cares that you could feed a continent for two weeks for the money you dish out for these shades.

Also, Pubs is spot on in his Pufnstuf link - those shades are dead ringers for the googly-eyed creations that laced my childhood.

JeSuisBlonde said...

Oh my God, now it looks like no one will go out with me in public while I'm wearing my big 'ol fake Chanel Pufnstuf glasses.

:(

Looks like I'll have to be fashionable AND lonely.

Chick Young said...

FAKE CHANEL PUFNSTUF GLASSES. That has to be the phrase of the YEAR!

Lmao.