Thursday, May 15, 2008

eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Jamie and Tom's Checklist (Not you?) June 06, 2008DAYS TO GO: 22

TO-DOS ON LIST:
184 | COMPLETED TO-DOS: 132

For some reason, my heart just dropped into my stomach when I realised that there are 21 short days left until our wedding. I am so insanely nervous I can barely concentrate. I have crazy butterflies that are making it hard to keep food down. I couldn't be more elated to be marrying the man of my dreams; that said, this is a really, really big party that we're planning, and the bigger it is, the more that can go wrong. I'm so petrified that I am forgetting some huge element of planning, but I keep checking and re-checking that horrid theknot.com checklist, and it seems more or less that things are on track. Besides, they include ridiculous items on the list, such gems as:

"Start looking into registering for gifts."
and
"Grooms: Start planning your groomsmen's attire: Tux or suit?"
and who could forget:

"Brides: practice walking in your wedding shoes. "
Really? Really? Who needs a list to tell them such things? It's rather upsetting that people who need such a list are considered mature enough to marry.

Crap! We still need to pick up our marriage certificate! Double-crap! We're in Wayne County, which means we have to endure the living nightmare/joke that is the Coleman A. Young Municipal Building...the dreaded City Hall...we're guaranteed to be stuck for the next 2 weeks in an eternal queue. We may just make it on time down the aisle, frantically clutching said certificate in our sweaty palms.

Oh my God that Eddie Money/Ronnie Spector song, "Take Me Home Tonight" just came on the t.v. I freaking love that song.

Stream of consciousness, much? It's probably the nerves.

I hope the Honeymoon will have the desired effect of mellowing me out following the stress that has been the past few months of planning/worrying, worrying/planning.

1 comment:

Chick Young said...

21 days huh, well MRS. I just got home from your shin-dig and may I say, thank you very much for having me. WONDERFUL time. You two better come back with some serious tans, and then we'll have some black and tans at Forans (lovely rhyming scheme). Ciao.