Saturday, January 31, 2009
25 Random Facts About Moi
1. I am incredibly blessed to have found my husband, who is the most supportive and inspiring person I have ever met, and he is single-handedly responsible for my being here today.
2. I aspire to the Maritime life, the salt air, endless sea and sky; to own a tall ship and sail the seven seas would be my greatest desire. I once came close to crewing aboard a classic 19th century tall ship, but an ex-boyfriend put the kaibash on that pretty quick. I am in possession of an ancient Islander's soul, of this I am certain.
3. Tom and I are planning the one-month Camino de Santiago, walking the Pilgrim road to Santiago de Compostella in Galicia, Spain.
4. I have much to be grateful for in my life, but a pathological incapability to properly count my blessings.
5. My younger brother is my best friend and one of the rocks in my life.
6. I want to own a vineyard in Italy or the Languedoc-Roussillon région of France some day, but I don't want the imaginary Diane Lane in Under The Tuscan Sun-type BS; I actually want to learn the art of viticulture and oenology.
7. Some of you will probably know this...but I have completely disproportionately inappropriate reactions to events in my life that frustrate, anger, upset or sadden me.
8. Labyrinth, The Neverending Story and The Princess Bride are three of my all-time favourite films, ones I can watch over and over and never grow tired of.
9. I'm still adjusting to being referred to as a "Wife" or "Mrs.", as I certainly do not feel old enough to be considered either. Heck, I jumped on the Honeymoon bed of the Bridal Suite the morning of our wedding.
10. I'm afraid of children and I don't like to hold babies because I'm convinced I will drop them.
11. I'm working on my Masters to become a high school teacher.
12. My plans to become a teacher are designed to get me a step closer to what I really want to do in life.
13. My dream is to work for the Travel Channel, Discovery Networks or National Geographic some day.
14. I want to teach in an American school in Europe.
15. I want to permanently relocate to Europe.
16. I'd like to live for at least a year in the following locations: Rome, Los Angeles, Oslo, Phoenix AZ, Reykavik, Beirut, Fiji, Miami and Montreal.
17. I want to live out the last of my days and die in Westport, Ireland.
18. I am a grammar, spelling and punctuation Nazi and find it very difficult to stand idly by when these rules are blatantly violated.
19. I am simultaneously disgusted and amused by horror films, and it's one of my favourite genres.
20. My brain is broken.
21. Sark is my favourite place on Earth that I have never been, and I'd like to include it on #16.
22. Travel is my single greatest passion in life (obviously).
23. I'd like to become a yoga teacher some day.
24. If I could snap my fingers and reappear anywhere on Earth instantly, it would be India.
25. I pretty much know everything there is to know about Greek Mythology because I spent almost all of my time as a child alone and read voraciously.